Frequently Asked Questions
For quick answers to Frequently Asked Questions - and to have as a useful resource anytime - refer to the Center for Teaching Excellence’s UF Instructor Guide. Search for keywords or navigate directly from the table of contents.
Self-Help Resources for Course Development
In addition to consultations and technical support, UF instructors have access to resources dedicated to supporting their transition to online and flexible course delivery:
- Faculty Self-Service Resources
- This self-paced online Canvas course is available to anyone in the UF community. Designed for instructors who need to develop a course independently, it includes helpful information such as step-by-step instructions for building an online course module, course templates to quickly build a course structure, and a Flourish to Fall Timeline to coach instructors through the process of building their course.
- Getting Started with e-Learning
- Web resource outlining Canvas basics and tips for success.
- Course templates
- Pre-populated course templates are available for Fall 2020.
- Instructions are provided to import directly into your Canvas course shell.
Workshops, Webinars, and Consultations
Fully online workshops, webinars, presentation recordings, and consultations with a variety of teams are listed on the Keep Teaching Online Consultations page.
Recorded webinars with national leaders in education are available through MagnaCampus. Search the Seminar Libraries for specific online teaching topics. Synchronous and asynchronous online teaching workshops for faculty and teaching assistants can be found on teach.ufl.edu > Events and Workshops. The Center for Teaching Excellence hosts open consultation sessions via Zoom on weekdays.
UFIT Training offers a broad range of workshops and self-service resources on tools useful in the online classroom, including Zoom, VoiceThread, and Ally in Canvas. Submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation, attend an online live workshop, or browse UFIT Training’s full suite of workshops and resources.