Is my course in e-Learning?
If you are a student through UF Online, your course should be in Canvas. You can access your course directly through ufl.instructure.com, or you can login from our e-Learning Page. If for some reason you cannot find your course, please give us a call at 352-392-4357.
Where do I go for help with using UF e-Learning?
If you don't find the answer to your question in these FAQs, please call the Help Desk at 352-392-4357 anytime during Help Desk hours, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use email, write from your email@example.com email address, or include your UFID and/or GatorLink username (NOT your password!) in the body of the email. Provide complete information regarding the course and content to which you are referring. Someone will get back with you as soon as possible.
Which browsers are recommended for use with UF e-Learning?
UF e-Learning in Canvas supports the last two versions of every browser release. For more details, visit the Canvas Supported Browsers page.
Some supported browsers may still produce a banner stating "Your browser does not meet the minimum requirements for Canvas." If you have upgraded your browser but still see the warning banner, try logging out of Canvas and deleting your browser cookies. Please contact the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Why don't I see my course in e-Learning?
There could be a couple of reasons why you don't see your course in e-Learning.
- Have you checked the "All Courses" section of e-Learning? You can get there by clicking on "Courses" on the left and then going to "All Courses."
- Your Instructor hasn't released it yet. Your Instructor publishes the course when she/he is ready.
- If there is a problem with your Registration. The Registrar will drop you from classes if you have issues that need to be dealt with, such as fees, vaccination certificates, etc.
- It is also possible that there is not an online component for your course. Not all courses at UF use e-Learning.
If you are still unable to find your course, and none of these circumstances apply, please contact the Help Desk at 352-392-HELP(4357).
What do I do if I encounter problems while taking a quiz?
It is recommended that you take online assessments during Help Desk hours whenever possible. If you have a problem while taking an Assessment, log out and log back in as quickly as possible. If the assessment is timed, the timer will continue to run while you are logged out. If you still encounter difficulties, take a screen shot of the problem so the Help Desk can investigate and you will have proof of the problem for your Instructor. Call the Help Desk (352-392-4357) immediately.
What are the best practices for taking online tests?
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Know when the exam is due and leave yourself plenty of time.
- Take your exam during Help Desk hours so that if you encounter problems, there will be someone available to help you.
- Make sure you have a dependable internet connection; WIRED rather than wireless if at all possible.
- Use a major browser with the latest updates.
- Make sure you read your instructions carefully before beginning the exam. Once you begin the exam, the timer will continue to run until your time expires.
- If you lose internet connection, or your browser crashes, the timer will continue to count down. Log back in as quickly as possible and resume the test!
- If you encounter any unexpected behavior (error messages, inability to log in, etc.,) take a screen shot of the problem (Print Scrn) and paste (CTRL+V) into a program like Word or Paint. Save this file. This is important so that your instructor knows your problem is legitimate, and to assist the UF Computing Help Desk in helping you fix the problem.
- If you encounter problems that prevent you from taking the exam, immediately call the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357. Keep the ticket number for future reference.
- When you are done with your exam, be sure you submit it! If you do not see a successful submission message, your test is still in progress. Take a screen shot of your submission page in case there is ever a question about your submission.
How do I login to e-Learning in Canvas?
Open your Internet browser and navigate to the e-Learning Homepage
NOTE: If you are going to create a bookmark for e-learning login, please bookmark the e-Learning Homepage, not the actual login page or the "User Dashboard" page once you are in e-Learning in Canvas.
- Click the big orange "Login to e-Learning" button
- Login using your Gator Link username and password.
- After logging into Canvas, you will be taken to your "User Dashboard," where you can access the course(s) and/or project site(s) in which you are enrolled. You will find them listed under 'Courses & Groups' the top of the screen.
What if I drop/add a course?
Your Canvas courses will be automatically updated with the change, but it doesn't happen instantaneously. It could take several hours to see the change.
How do I access Groups in e-Learning?
If you are assigned a group in e-Learning, this video tutorial will show you how to locate your groups and visit the group page.
Accessing Groups in e-Learning